How Commissions with me work
I love doing commissions! I have detailed a bit about my procerss in order for you to decide if this is the right fit for you. Ultimately, commissions are best decided upon through discussions with me.
1. I retain all creative and compositional control. It is fine if you have ideas, and reference material, but ultimately I have to be the one that considers how the piece is best put together. Although you may have many good ideas, there are a lot of things I don't do, and that won't read well in painting.
2. I often get asked if portraits can be painted with the sitter smiling. In general, no. Smiling is something brought on by modern photography, and I don't typically find that it works well in painting. I define what I am willing to do as a "pleasant expression". Humans experience many emotions, and I opt to paint many of the other ones - I am mostly interested in "introducing you" through paint. What it might be like to meet you.
3. Commissions can take time. I only am able to take on a few per year. If you need something urgently, your price may change. The more time you can give me, the better.
4. Look at my other work. If you don't like it, you will likely be unhappy with a commission.
5. I generally need to meet the person I am painting and take my own photographs for reference material.
Pricing is by Square Inch. Pricing is for one figure only. Pricing for additional figures will be discussed per project, but can generally be seen as +$250 on smaller paintings, and +$500 on larger.
6"x 6" - $117
8" x 10" - $260
12" x 12" - $468
11" x 17" - $560
18" x 24" - $1180
30" x 36" - $2700
30" x 40" - $3000
36" x 48" - $3888
36" 62" $5022